The Ontario Invasive Plant Council is seeking a Treasurer to join our board of directors for a 2-year term, renewable up to three times.
This is a volunteer position.
Applications are being accepted until Mar 1, 2023. The Treasurer will join the board effective Apr. 1, 2023.
Who are We?
The OIPC works in partnership with professionals and community members throughout Ontario, serving as a forum for collaborative and coordinated action towards invasive plants, which pose a substantial threat to Ontario’s environment, economy, and society. Through research, networking development and knowledge sharing, we support on-the-ground initiatives to prevent, detect, and manage invasive plants throughout Ontario. Our Board of Directors and membership includes representatives from federal and provincial government agencies, municipalities, First Nations, conservation authorities, agriculture, industry, and various non-government organizations. This network provides a valuable forum for coordinated action.
Who are You?
- Experience with bookkeeping/accounting or a degree in either accounting, finance, business administration, or a related field.
- Available to volunteer approximately 6-10 hours per month to dedicate to the Board and Executive committee work.
- 5 board meetings per year
- 3-4 executive meetings per year
- Most meetings are held during business hours.
- Knowledge of, and/or interest in, invasive species is an asset.
What Will you Do?
- Understanding financial accounting for non-profit organizations under the Ontario Corporations Act.
- Serve as financial officer of the organization.
- Manage the executive’s review of and action related to the executive’s financial responsibilities.
- Work with the staff to ensure that quarterly and annual financial reports are made available to the executive and board on a timely basis.
- Prepare, with support from staff and the board, the annual budget and presenting the budget to the executive and board for approval.
- Review the annual audit and answer directors and members questions about the audit.
If you are interested in this role and have partial relevant experience, there is an opportunity to be mentored into this role by OIPC’s past Treasurer.
How to Apply
Please submit your nomination including a maximum one-page description of why you are interested and qualified, and a resume, CV, or other documentation of your relevant experience to email@example.com by 11:59 pm Mar 1, 2023.