Date(s) - Tuesday, September 13 2016
9:00 am - 3:00 pm
Tiffin Centre for Conservation
Categories No Categories
This is a hands-on workshop on how to identify and remove Phragmites and other invasive species from natural areas and roadsides.
- Overview of the invasive plant issue in Ontario and of the Invasive Plant Management Strategy Framework
- Overview of the top 10 invasive plants and their identification features
- Overview of current Best Management Practices
- Invasive Phragmites in Ontario and Best Management Practices
- Case Study – West Collingwood Community Phragmites Control Project
- Mapping invasive plants using EDDMapS Ontario
- Hands-on outdoor identification and removal demonstration
This workshop is geared to municipal or county workers in public works, roads, parks and/or other applicable departments; environmental agencies or landscapers/contractors interested in removal of invasive species; and any other interested group.
Note: $50 fee includes workshop and lunch.
Please click here to register.
Please contact Brittany Hope by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by phone at (705) 424-1479 ext. 265 if you have any further questions.
This workshop is presented in partnership with: