OIPC Garlic Mustard Pull in Haliburton
The Ontario Invasive Plant Council (OIPC) is a multi-sector, non-profit group committed to the collaboration of organizations and citizens in order to more effectively respond to the threat of invasive plants in Ontario.
Thank you to all our experts and to all the participants! The webinars are now complete but if you would like to watch them they can all be found here, or go to the "information and resources" page and click on the "OIPC Webinars" tab.
Our 2014 AGM and Conference was another popular success. The key presentation slide sets are posted. For details on the event click here!
We are in the process of planning the 2015 event. The date and location will be posted here soon.
Would you like to become a member of OIPC?
Click HERE to read more and get the registration form!.
- Check out the new Creating an Invasive Plant Management Strategy: A Framework for Ontario Municipalities here.
- Due to the success of the workshop to help Ontario municipalities develop Invasive Species management strategies, we are planning to do more. Click here for more info.
- The Ontario Phragmites Working Group (a committee of the OIPC) has a linked website. Check it out here!
- The OIPC members elected an additional Director at Large to the Board in January. John Urquhart has now started his two-year term in this role.
- Last year's AGM was held in September in partnership with the Society for Ecological Restoration Ontario. We are in the process of confirming the date and location of this year's event. Stay tuned!
- The OIPC completed it's first children's activity book...and is now printing copies for use in Ontario Parks and elsewhere this year. See it here.
- Check out the most recent additions to the BMP library: Wild Parsnip and Invasive Honeysuckles
- Two other popular BMPs are White Sweet Clover and European Black Alder
- The OIPC has a new brochure! Download, print, share & learn more about the Invasive Plant Council.
- Download the new Landowner's Guide to Managing and Controlling Invasive Plants in Ontario here. Includes tips & advice to help landowners protect their property from the impact of invasive plants & step-by-step instructions on how to develop a management plan for your property.
- Dealing with Garlic Mustard? Download the new "Garlic Mustard Best Management Practices in Ontario" (& for resources on controlling this and other invasive plants, please visit our Control Information page).
- Choosing non-invasive plants for your garden just got easier! Visit our Youtube channel & check out our "Garden Invader" & "Garden Saver" video series.
- Clean Equipment Protocol For Industry: Inspecting and Cleaning Equipment for the Purposes of Invasive Species Prevention. See Take Action - Support for Municipalities page
- A Guide to the identification and control of exotic invasive species in Ontario's hardwood forests. See Info & Resources Publications...Partner Publications (near bottom of page).
- We are seeking nurseries to participate in the Province-wide expansion of the Grow Me Instead Nursery Recognition Program - please contact us for more information
- Grow Me Instead - Click here for a PDF version, or contact the coordinator for print copies
- Giant Hogweed Managers List is available, click here for the PDF
- Giant Hogweed Impersonators - see what other plants may be confused with Giant Hogweed; provided by Halton Conservation